Formatting An APA Dissertation Proposal Cover Page
An APA style dissertation usually caters to opinionated subjects. Yu will have enough on your plate crafting the paper. You will get the gist of the labor required when you take a look at the precision that the cover page demands.
A partial fulfillment
The proposal is a partial fulfillment for the actual task. It gives the instructors an air about your readiness and willingness to pursue the paper. It also estimates the time-frame you will take the paper and the methods you are likely to adopt to reach your end. It should also give a subtle illumination on the resources you will utilize.
The title page should be formatted in such a way that it gives am impression that you know the format style rules. Here is how you should proceed –
- You should mention the instructors’ name at the top (centre alignment). In case there are more than one professor (it is likely to be so), you should name them in order of eminence to the subject in successive lines.
- After a gap, you need to mention the title in Capital letters. The title should not be more than 12 words. You need to write them in pyramidal form. You should centrally align the title as well.
- You should then leave a line gap and mention your name followed again by a line gap. Then you need to mention the subject or program you are pursuing. Again, if there is more than one program, you should express them in successive lines in order of eminence.
- You should mention in the bottom center that the proposal is a partial fulfillment to your endeavor to attain so and so degree through so and so University. The final line would be laced with the mention of the year.
- All the mentions should be double-spaced and in 12 pts Times New Roman. It is already mentioned that you need to centrally align them all. However, you can use small letters as per discretion except while mentioning the title.
Making life difficult
This is how you complete an APA style dissertation cover page with due formatting. You should note that with this, you make your life difficult as you need to be consistent with format throughout the proposal. You should keep to an impersonal mode while writing the proposal. Incidentally, you can act differently in the actual paper. You need to be cautious and alert. Of course, you can take ideas from eminent samples.